"LSE London and Berkeley Homes have been working in collaboration to produce a report on creating new communities in London. This film looks at the report's main findings. We identified six characteristics of a new London village:
1) It's small and intimate and can be comfortably covered on foot,
2) It's unique, and has an identifiable centre with its own atmosphere and sense of place,
3) It's designed for social interaction with plenty of public and green space, and places for community events,
4) It's locally driven and locally responsive, and residents are involved in decisions,
5) It's functional; well served by public transport and with good access to core services like a doctor's surgery, food shops and schools, and
6) It's mixed – the community has a mix of ages, backgrounds and tenures; there are long-standing residents as well as new arrivals."