"Capita provide transport planning advice and development planning assistance to London Borough of Barnet through the Regional Enterprise joint venture.
"[Due to, ahem, 'circumstances'] we are currently recruiting for a Principal Transport Planner to join our team engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including reviewing transport assessments for new developments and negotiation with developers; development of strategic transport schemes; funding bid preparation; masterplanning; urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects.
"The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of all aspects of our work in relation to the Brent Cross development as a part of the Brent Cross transport team.
"The Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration is one of the largest regeneration projects in London and will deliver a new urban quarter in accordance with its status as an Opportunity Areas identified in the London Plan. The approved development will provide:
- A new town centre comprising retail and leisure uses and a new office quarter with 4million square feet of office space;
- 7,500 new homes and approximately 20,000 new jobs [really?];
- Doubling in size of the existing Brent Cross Shopping Centre including an enhanced replacement bus station;
- A new Thameslink railway station [wanna bet?] and associated new public plazas and public realm;
- Extensive changes to the highway, cycle and pedestrian network including a new pedestrian and cycle 'living bridge' over the A406 and a new road bridge over the Midland Mainline Railway;
- Replacement waste handling and rail freight facilities.
- [That's enough provision. Ed.]
"We're committed to developing our staff and as such the successful candidate will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning and external training is also provided and offered on a company wide basis.
"Key Requirements are as follows [wait for it...]:
- Substantial experience in transportation / development planning;
- Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
- A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
- Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, etc;
- Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
- A highly motivated individual ideally with membership of a relevant professional body;
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally);
- Capability to work to tight deadlines and work autonomously when required;
- Understanding and experience of the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project control;
- Experience of attending council committees to provide technical advice on transport issues to committee members; and
- Ability to negotiate with developers and their agents to secure transport related improvements to schemes and secure appropriate funding for mitigation measures.
What's in it for you?
"At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment."
|The shopping centre is through there.|