.

.
Click above for what became the consented plan, plus Transport page.

2015-02-18

Daily Mirror: "Great gran forced out of her Barnet West Hendon home of 30 years by compulsory purchase order" (and Hammerson's Brent Cross is next)


"Ros Wynne-Jones meets the 85 year old great gran who is being forced out of the home where she has lived for the last 30 years as people in Boris Johnson's London start fightback against developers"

Link to web site

"Adelaide's two-bedroom home in West Hendon, Barnet, is being compulsorily purchased by the council along with around 680 others in the name of ‘regeneration’. Residents say 95% of tenants and leaseholders face eviction as the land is redeveloped in the £520million Hendon Waterside project next to the Welsh Harp reservoir.

" 'I thought I was going to see out my days here,' says Adelaide. Instead she has no choice but to sell to Barratt Homes which has offered her just £175,000 for the flat.

" 'It would cost me £407,000 to buy a two-bedroom flat on the new development,' says Adelaide, her voice struggling through asthma made worse by living on a building site.

" 'I'm a pensioner. Who is going to give me a mortgage? How would I pay all the new service charges? They just want us all out of London. They want new people here to enjoy the waterside'."

No comments:

Post a Comment